Opened in October of 2009, the Leduc Recreation Centre encompasses over 309,000 square feet and has become a one stop, multi-use recreation experience for people of all ages. The Leduc Recreation Center (LRC) has become the central gathering place for the community and will provide many leisure and structured recreational opportunities.
- NHL Sized performance Arena (Sobey’s Arena) with seating for 1,800
- Twin NHL sized arenas with seating for 309 on each side with the capabilities to increase to 500 per side with tip and roll bleachers. The Ken’s Furniture Arena and the DQ arena will be the home to many minor hockey, sledge hockey, ringette and figure skating competitions over the coming years.
- Two indoor field houses to be used for a variety of activities including indoor soccer, lacrosse, ball hockey, basketball and flag football. They will also be used for banquets, trade shows and concerts. The Co-op Field house has already become the host practice facility for the Edmonton Rush of the National Lacrosse League.
- The Mix Aquatic Center includes a lane pool, leisure pool, waterslide, two whirlpools and a steam room
- An eight sheet curling complex in the middle of the facility
- A 9,000 square foot fitness center with cardio equipment, resistance training equipment and free weights.
- Program and meeting rooms
- Nutritional Kitchen
- Children’s play area and child minding room
- Four lane running/walking track
- Youth Education Center containing school space and the Boys and Girls Club
- Lease spaces offering physiotherapy, sports training and food and beverage services
- Over 880 parking stalls
These arenas will play host to the 2010 Alberta Cup which is an eight team tournament of the top 14 year old hockey players in Alberta, in April 2010.